Due to COVID-19 Our 2020 Certification Training Classes Are Available LIVE Online Only
Also please see below for details on our COVID-19 Relief Initiative offering 50% off on all 2020 courses
The Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer course is a five-day information packed learning experience. It is designed to develop a level of competence to support the design, development, roll-out and maintenance of an organizational Information Security Management System based on the ISO 27001 standard. During this course, student will participate in a series of practical exercises leading to a capstone practical exam in the form of a presentation to a panel of distinguished local business and technology executives.
To develop a well-rounded understanding of the standard's expectations, we will be drawing upon best practices from ISO 27001, 27002, 27003, 27004, 27005, 27017, 27034, 27035, 55000 among others. This approach enables students to understand the requirements for the design, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of an ISO 27001-based information security management system, as well as the expectations of ISO certification auditors.
Enrollment for our next
Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer Course
October 19 - 23, 2020
closes at 5:00 PM (US Eastern Time Zone) on October 9, 2020
Important to Note:Training seats are limited, and we do not maintain a waiting list for courses as the book up fast.
Who Should Take This Course?
Help Me Understand How This Course Relates to Me
Select the role that best suite your situation
(links to case studies here coming soon)
Schedule, Registration, and Cost
Registration for our training, can be done on either this website or the website of our official training partner company
The registration fee is $2,995 (USD), however discounts are available for early registration, and members of the
Information Security Leadership Forum (a $500 member discount applies).
The Forum has recently implemented a COVID-19 Relief Initiative offering our customers a 50% discount on all our public online certification training courses in 2020.
1. COVID-19 Relief discounted pricing is already reflected on all course registration pages (Non-members $1,495 / members $995).
2. Our COVID-19 Relief Initiative discount may not be used in combination with any discount offer, is subject to termination at any time without notice, and has no redeemable cash value.
Day One - Introduction and Planning for an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Course introduction
- A primer on the ISO 27000 family of standards and guides
- An ISO 27001 ISMS
- Acclimating to the organization
- Business Process Mapping
- Performing an Asset Inventory to support a risk assessment
- Defining ISMS Program Goals & Priorities
- Defining the scope of the ISMS
Day Two - Planning for an ISMS and Risk Management
- Understanding and building a Business Case for an ISMS
- Understanding the requirement for, and performing the mandatory legal & regulatory review
- Understanding the mandatory Statement of Applicability, and how to create one
- Fundamental of a risk assessment
- Familiarization with and understanding how to perform a Gap and Impact Assessments, and prepare the mitigation plan
- Understanding the need for an ISMS Program Charter Development and familiarization on how to build one
- Understanding a practical approach to developing governance for your ISMS, including Information Security Policy, Policy
- Standards, Technical Security Operating Standards, and Technical Security Configuration Standards
Day Three - Develop and Implement ISMS
- ISMS Governance continued with Standard Security Operating Processes, and Technical Security Operating Directives (procedures)
- Performance Management
- Communications Program
- Mitigation Plan Implementation
- Operational Transfer and Acceptance
Day Four - Management Oversight, Auditing and Managing an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- A walk through of the ISO 27001 Annex A Control Objectives & Controls
- Understanding the mandatory requirement for an independent security assessment
- How to develop an Internal Audit program to support an ISMS
- Understanding the requirements for an ISMS Leadership Review, including direction for continuous improvement
- Understanding the end-to-end ISMS certification process, including the certification audit and its requirements
- Understanding the standard's requirement for the establishment and ongoing management of Information Security Incident with an ISMS
Day Five - Practical & Written Certification Exams
- Morning: 3 hour written exam
- Afternoon: Practical Exam - Formal Presentation of ISMS Business Case to the Organization's Board of Directors
1. Both written and practical exams are mandatory, in order to meet the certification requirements set out by the Information Security Leadership Forum, this course's certifying body.
2. Formal business attire is mandatory for you practical exam. Please be sure to pack / dress appropriately. Men are required to wear a jacket and tie, and women the equivalent.
When designing our Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer Course, great care is taken to identify key areas the course must focus on in order to ensure student achieve the goals the course was setup to accomplish. These learning objectives are highlighted as follows:
Understand the application of an Information Security Program as prescribed by ISO 27001.
Master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of an organizational Information Security Program
Familiarity with the various sub-programs under an Information Security Program, and their interrelationships to establish a holistic enterprise information security program.
Develop the expertise to lead an organization in the design, development, implementation, management and maintenance of an Information Security Program
Familiarity with the subject matter experts and stakeholders that need to be engaged, and how to apply their expertise to support an organization in the establishment of an Information Security Management System
Develop fundamental knowledge and skills required to manage a team that is implementing the ISO27001 standard